Ten working days.
This certification program has been designed for professionals with 3–10 years of experience:
The ideal program type is to combine classroom training (physical location) with online training, depending on the size and location of the process team. The first week is an optional choice (classroom or online); the second week is always classroom.
The process architect certification program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the practitioner, but most importantly, with a main focus on developing new skills through the use of our unique architecture principles. The aim is also to infuse the practitioner with an entirely new way of thinking, working, and modeling with business processes.
This is done through 10 days of intensive classroom and/or online training,in-depth tutoring, and coaching coupled with hands-on project experience, in which the practitioner applies the acquired process architecture (see figure) techniques and its related disciplines to the practitioner’s own company projects.
Content of the Program
The process architect certification program provides the practitioner with an extensive tool kit and profound knowledge of the Layered Enterprise Architecture Development (LEAD) enterprise standards and industry standards as well as highly detailed and descriptive process and architecture reference content that links and connects directly to hot topics such as:
These topics have already been covered extensively throughout this handbook, and the process architect certification program aims to deliver actual, practical, and hands-on experience by using all of these disciplines in the context of real-life process-oriented projects. This ensures the highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved with process-oriented subjects.
Process Architect Learning Model
The process architect learning model is based on an intensive training module supported by in-depth individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on learning experience ensures that the business process management (BPM) and process architecture skills are applied in the following disciplines:
The needed skills for abstraction level for a process architect:
- Conceptual: Theoretical, abstract, and intangible; the high-level description of the logical
- Context: Situation, milieu/environment, and perspective
- Concrete: Tangible, existing, and actual
- Descriptive and specification: Explanation, depiction/sketch, and portrayal, often using a map, matrix, and/or model
- Design: Plan, intend, and aim
- Execution: Completing, performing, and realization
What the Practitioner Gets
- Ten working days of classroom and online training
- Six 1.5-hour digital online sessions
- Individual performance coaching for project and individual development during the course
- Training material with practical and usable reference content (i.e., the BPM life cycle, process templates)
- Process architect certificate
Location & Dates
- 4-08 June 2016: Ottawa, Canada
- 12-16 September 2016: Washingston DC, USA
- 17 – 21 October 2016: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Process eXpert certification dates:
- 30 Oct – 04 December 2016: Stockholm, Sweden
- 25-29 April 2016: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 10-14 October 2016: Saarland University
- 14-18 November 2016: Chicago, USA