He is a leader in the industry in developing standards. He has not only founded the largest Enterprise Standard community ‘LEADing Practice” used by practitioners and organizations around the world, but also has a main role in developing standards in the following standard bodies:
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Prof. Mark von Rosing is leading development member of the World Wide Web Consortium. The W3C purpose is to lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines that ensure the long-term growth of the Web/Internet. Prof. Mark von Rosing is thereby part of developing the internet principles and standards; that will help radically improve the way people around the world develop new technologies and innovate for humanity. See the link under LEADing Practice that is a strategic liaison partner of W3C.
As a leader and development member of ‘The International Organization for Standardization (French: Organisation internationale de standardization); known as ISO, Prof. Mark von Rosing coordinates the development of international standards-among various national standards organizations. Prof. von Rosing is thereby a leading mind in promoting worldwide proprietary, industrial and commercial standards. The standards focused on at the moment are ISO 42010, the Systems and software engineering Architecture description, as well as ISO 279 the Innovation standard.
As a core development of the energy standard body Energetics, does Prof. Mark von Rosing, develop the energy standards used by countries and companies around the world. This also includes the standards used by the upstream oil and gas organizations around the world, improving their business model, performance concepts, process models and data models.
Object Management Group (OMG)
Prof. Mark von Rosing is co-chair and leading development member of the software standards in OMG. This development includes:
- Value Delivery Modeling Language (VDML)
- Business planning and motivation modeling (BMM)
- Business Process Modeling Notations (BPMN)
- Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules (SBVR)
- Decision Model and Notation (DMN)
- Risk & Threat Modeling
The Information Security Forum (ISF)
Prof. Mark von Rosing is a core team development member of the Information Security Forum. Investigating, clarifying and resolving key issues in information security, and developing best practice methodologies, processes and solutions that meet the business and IT needs around security.
- Research collaboration and developer with IEEE standards.
- Co-developer of the Global TOGAF Business Architecture Methods & Certification Development Group.
- Development member of the NATO standards, including EA, BPM, Capabilities and joint mission execution.
- Built the BPM and EA curriculum for the SAP University Alliance (+ 900 universities).
- SAP AG Method developer e.g. ASAP, SAP Agile, BPM, Enterprise Architecture (EAF).
- SAP Press bestseller: “Applying real-world BPM in an SAP environment”.
- IEEE publication “defining the profession of the Business Architect” as well as the publication “How to integrate Enterprise Architecture and BPM”.
- Conceptual Structures in LEADing and Best Enterprise Practices as well as The Impact of Culture Differences on Cloud Computing Adoption.
- Future Strategies Inc. and the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) “Passports to Success in BPM”.