Prof. Daniel Jones and James P. Womack are the fathers of the “Lean Thinking” today. Founder and Chairman of the Lean Enterprise Academy in the U.K. Prof. Daniel T. Jones is a senior advisor to the Lean Enterprise Institute, management thought leader, and mentor on applying lean process thinking to every type of business.
- He is the author of the influential and popular management books that describe the principles and practice of lean thinking in production:
- The Machine that Changed the World
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Organization
- Seeing the Whole Value Stream
- How Companies and Customers Can Create Value
- Breaking Through to Flow, Creating Lean Dealers, and Making Hospitals Work
A sought-after keynoter, Jones also has organized Lean Summit conferences in Europe, including the Frontiers of Lean Summit, the First Global Lean Healthcare Summit, and the Lean Transformation Summit.
Prof. Jones advises organizations in different sectors on their lean transformations, helped establish the first company University in the UK at Unipart, wrote the UK Government’s Rethinking Construction report and Lean Thinking for the NHS.
Prof. Jones holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Sussex.